This policy was last modified and is in effect as of May 11, 2022.
Grimmway Enterprises, Inc. may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes by placing a prominent notice on the Site on the initial page of this Policy. Your continued use of this Site following the posting of changes will mean that you accept and agree to the changes.
1.1. Grimmway Enterprises, Inc. collects some information about our online community to enable us to give credit where credit is due, improve the Site, and improve our products and services. As described below, the type of information collected and our use of that information varies depending upon your level of interaction with the Site.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
2.1. When you visit the Site, you are not anonymous. Like most Site operators, Grimmway Enterprises, Inc. automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Grimmway Enterprises, Inc. cookie information (if any), browser type, language preference, and date and time of each visitor request. Although this information is not personally identifying information in and of itself, some information (such as IP addresses) could potentially be personally identifying information when paired with other information. Grimmway Enterprises, Inc.’ purpose in collecting this information is to better understand how visitors to the Site use the Site thereby improving the visitors’ experience.
2.3. Use of Personal Information. Grimmway Enterprises, Inc. collects personal information from you, (such as your name, address, phone number, email address, etc.) only when you voluntarily provide it to us. This information may then be used to communicate with you regarding our products, services and promotions, solicit feedback via surveys, or provide you with information that you specifically requested. We will not send you unsolicited emails unless you have opted in for marketing communication or we are contacting you to follow-up on a specific request, issue, or communication you have initiated with us.
2.4. Sharing and Disclosing Your Information. Grimmway Enterprises, Inc. is not in the business of renting or selling personal information you provide on this Site to other people or nonaffiliated companies. Grimmway Enterprises, Inc. does share your information to provide products or services you have requested, when we have your permission, and under the following circumstances:
- We provide information to trusted partners who work on our behalf or with Grimmway Enterprises, Inc. under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Grimmway Enterprises, Inc. communicate with you about us. Examples of such arrangements include receiving your Customer Relation question or comment, sending and capturing survey questions and data or receiving a career applicant’s resume, application or other job-related information or attachment. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We may share your information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement agencies or officials, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We may transfer information about you if Grimmway Enterprises, Inc. is acquired by or merged with another company.
2.5. Holding Personal Data. Grimmway Enterprises, Inc. only keeps personal information for as long as it is deemed necessary to fulfill business purposes while fulfilling our obligations pursuant to a contract, as permitted by law, and/or in satisfying any legal, accounting, or other regulatory reporting requirements. Factors that are used to determine how long to keep your personal information, we consider (1) the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, (2) the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, (3) the purposes of processing your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and (4) the applicable legal requirements – all with a commitment to make sure your rights are not any less protected regardless thereof.
3. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our Site may contain links to websites owned and operated by third parties. Any links to the websites of third parties are provided solely for your convenience and such websites are not owned or operated by Grimmway Enterprises, Inc. Grimmway Enterprises, Inc. has no control over the privacy practices of third-party websites and your activities at those websites will be governed by the policies and practices of those third parties. We assume no responsibility for the information practices of such other websites. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of these third parties before disclosing any personally identifiable information, as we are not responsible for the privacy practices or website content of those websites. California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
4. CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
This Site is designed for adult users and Grimmway Enterprises, Inc. does not knowingly collect personal information from anyone who has not reached the age of majority in the state or country in which he or she resides, nor does Grimmway Enterprises, Inc. intentionally allow anyone who has not reached the age of majority in the state in which he or she resides to register as a member or submit content for publication on this Site. As such, Grimmway Enterprises, Inc. strongly encourages parents to play an active role in their child’s online activity. If you are a parent and suspect that your child has provided Grimmway Enterprises, Inc. with personally identifiable information please contact us as indicated below.
6. YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
8. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
9. CONTACT INFORMATION
Bakersfield, CA 93380
Phone: (800) 301-3101
Fax: (661) 845-9585
10. COOKIE OPT-OUT
If you do not want to have cookies placed on your device click here: https://www.grimmway.com/cookie-policy/
Effective Date: May 11, 2022
Last Reviewed on:: May 11, 2022
As used in this Privacy Notice, “Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or household. Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, the categories of Personal Information identified below if such information identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could be reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or household.
1. INFORMATION CATEGORIES WE COLLECT
1.1. Our Website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”). In particular, Grimmway Enterprises, Inc.’s websites, www.grimmway.com, www.calorganicfarms.com, and www.grimmwaycarrots.com (collectively, “Website”), has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||Yes|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||Yes|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||No|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||No|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||Yes|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||No|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||No|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||Yes|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||No|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information.||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||No|
1.2. Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data; or
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
1.3. We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete on our website.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our website or interactions with our advertisers.
1.4. What information we collect, why we collect it, and how it is used. We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process returns.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Site, products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your Site experience.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Site.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
|Data we collect||Why is the data collected and for what purpose?||Third parties with whom we share your data||Consequences of not providing the data|
|When you browse or visit our Website|
|Cookies, analytic tools and log files
For more information, please read our https://www.grimmway.com/cookie-policy/
|To analyze and improve your use of the Website, customer support, sales, intelligence and for debugging purposes||CRM platforms (such as website contact form), Gmail, Hosting Services||Cannot collect and store the information
Cannot use or access some parts of the Website
|When you sign up for our newsletters / email list / blog|
|To add you to our mailing list
To send newsletters or other marketing communications
|CRM platforms (such as website contact form), Gmail, Hosting Services||Cannot add you to our mailing list
Cannot send you marketing communications
|When we process your job application|
Any other information you choose to share with us
|To process your job application
To assess the candidate
|3rd party platforms such as ICIMS, UKG, Certify, HR Acuity||Cannot process your job application
Cannot assess your suitability as a candidate
|When you contact us (e.g., help, submit a request)|
The content of your message
Any other information you choose to share with us
|To provide support (e.g., to solve problems, bugs or issues)
To process and answer questions
To customize your experience
|CRM platforms (such as website contact form), Gmail, Hosting Services||Cannot assist you and respond your query|
|When we use the Personal Data of our customers|
Industry of your business
Any other information you choose to share with us
|To provide our products and services
To perform the applicable agreement
To communicate with our customer/clients
To send marketing communications
|CRM platforms (such as website contact form), Gmail, Hosting Services||Cannot provide the services and/or our products
Cannot perform the agreement
Cannot communicate with you
|When you interact with us on our social media profiles (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)|
|To reply and/or respond to your request or question
To establish a first business connection/discussion.
|CRM platforms (such as website contact form), Gmail, Hosting Services||Cannot reply or respond to your request
Cannot establish a business connection
Grimmway Enterprises, Inc. will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
2. SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Grimmway Enterprises, Inc. may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Contractors and service providers.
- Third parties with whom we partner to offer products and services to you.
2.1. Disclosures of personal information for a business purpose. In the preceding 12 months, Grimmway Enterprises, Inc. has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose to the parties identified above:
Category A: Identifiers.
Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.
Category I: Professional or employment-related information.
3. SALES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In the preceding 12 months, Grimmway Enterprises, Inc. has not sold personal information.
4. CCPA PROVIDED RIGHTS AND CHOICES
4.1. The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides some California residents (“you” or “your”) with the following rights, including the right to: (i) request information about the personal information we have collected about you; (ii) request information about our sale or disclosure for business purposes of your personal information to third parties; (iii) opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties; and (iv) not be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights.
This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights. You have the following rights under the CCPA:
- Right to Know What Personal Information we collect
You have the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect, use, disclose and sell over the past 12 months. You also have the right to request what personal information we have collected about you, as well as information about our sale or disclosure for business purposes of your personal data to third parties. Once we receive, verify and confirm your consumer request, we will endeavor to disclose to you the information you have requested, which includes at a minimum:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- Right to Know How We Use Personal Information we collect
- Right to Delete Personal Information we collect
You have the right to request the deletion of any of your personal information that we have collected from you and retained. Please note that this is a limited right as we may be able to retain certain personal information subject to an exception under the CCPA or another lawful obligation. Once we receive, verify and confirm your request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sale of Personal Information we collect
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. Under the CCPA, “sell” includes the transfer or communication of personal information to another business in such a way that conveys value to the recipient business, even if that value is not monetary. This means that sharing for a number of common business activities may be considered a “sale” under the CCPA, even if there is no exchange of money. If you would like to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties, please submit a request via email to email@example.com.We do not knowingly sell the personal information of consumers under the age of 16 without affirmative authorization.
- Right to Non-Discrimination
You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA.
4.2. Exercising access, data portability, and deletion rights. To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at (800) 301-3101
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf as an Authorized Agent, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.
You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
The following is our process for Verifying a Request:
- Request to Know Categories of Personal Information: We will verify your identity to a “reasonable degree of certainty” by verifying at least two data points that you previously provided to us and which we have determined to be reliable for the purpose of verifying identities.
- Request to Know Specific Pieces of Personal Information: We will verify your identity to a “reasonably high degree of certainty” by verifying at least three pieces of Personal Information previously provided to us and which we have determined to be reliable the purpose of verifying identities. In addition, you will be required to submit a signed declaration under penalty of perjury stating that you are the individual whose Personal Information is being requested.
- Request to Delete: We will verify your identity to a “reasonably high degree of certainty” by verifying at least three pieces of Personal Information previously provided to us and which we have determined to be reliable for the purpose of verifying identities. In addition, you will be required to submit a signed declaration under penalty of perjury stating that you are the individual whose Personal Information is being requested. If we are unable to verify your identity to the applicable standard, we will treat your request to delete as a request to opt-out of the sale of the personal information that you provided as part of processing the request to delete. See the following section for a description of the right to opt-out of the sale of personal information.
4.3. Response timing and format. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily usable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
4.4. Personal information sales opt-out and opt-in rights. If you are 16 years of age or older, you have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time (the “right to opt-out”). We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt-in”) from either the consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age, or the parent or guardian of a consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
- OTHER CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write, call or email to us at:
Bakersfield, CA 93380
Phone: (800) 301-3101
Fax: (661) 845-9585
Grimmway Enterprises, Inc. reserves the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Site and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Site following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
7. CONTACT INFORMATION
Bakersfield, CA 93380
Phone: (800) 301-3101
Fax: (661) 845-9585